Friday, April 17, 2015

Breath of Fresh Air

We all have times when we wonder what others think of us.

What do people think when I leave the room? Is there a smile on their face that wasn't there before? Or do they breathe a sign of relief that she's finally gone? Do I leave them happier or more irritated and tense? 

I know what I'd want them to say, but is that really what they're thinking? 

Been pondering about this a lot lately... 
God's given me several opportunities recently to be His hands and feet. It's easy to live life for yourself and forget about all the people surrounding you that need a friend. God's been redirecting my attention and opening doors into people's lives. (for which I am very grateful!) I want those people to feel better when I leave... not because they are glad I'm gone, but because they could sense true joy from God and that has spilled over to bless them. 

My desire is to be a conduit of grace, truth and joy. That can only happen if I am truly filled with the Word of God and his grace and joy has penetrated my soul. Only then can it flow over into the lives of those around me. 

I want even strangers to feel as if they inhaled a breath of fresh air after my departure. They may not know my name but hopefully they know my sincerity and joy. My name is not important, but the name of my Saviour is. And that's who I want them to know. 


Are you fresh air? or stale, stuffy air? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)