Monday, March 4, 2013

1st Day


Within twenty-four hours of arriving here, I was asked if I wanted to take the scooter for a drive. Now this was no child’s scooter, but a full-size, almost a motorcycle scooter. You don’t have to ask me twice! Simple instructions were given; here’s the front brake, the back brake and the throttle. Simple enough, right?

Only problem was, it was my first time every driving something with that kind of throttle and I was in a small courtyard. Well, I straddled the beast and as soon as I turned the handlebar throttle, we moved forward. Before I could get used to the bike and how it handled, the concrete wall was there. BAM! The bike stopped, but I fell off to the right. Wouldn’t have been too bad, except for the large concrete step that was waiting to meet me. The left side of my back met the step all too willingly. Took me a second to realize what happened. I hurt initially, but wasn’t horrible pain. (I’ve endured worse) But later that day, I started hurting. Thankfully I didn’t hit my spine, at least I don’t think so. But my whole left lower back’s muscles were swollen and bruised deep. Have a few other bruises also. But here it is 5 days later and I’m moving around much better! Yesterday evening, I even played volleyball for a little while.

It’s warmer here. Almost got to 60 degrees a couple days ago. I keep checking the trees for little green buds, but nothing yet. A friend said it does normally start turning green here in March. I hope to see a little green before I leave. I love Spring and it’s so short back home, that I enjoy being other places during this time. 

3 comments:

  1. i'm thinking...........hmm.......so if you hope you see green by the time you leave...and it gets green in March...hmmmmm. :) trying to be a detective here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TLF meanie:) Glad you are recuperating from the big crash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, stay safe and healthy over there!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)